Estuaries are REAL!
Everyone loves the ocean, and most people know the ocean through experiences at the shore, often in an estuary.
Do you live close to an estuary?
Look at the map: http://estuaries.gov/estuaries101/About/Default.aspx?ID=206
Everyone can visit an estuary
- EstuaryLive presents videos, live broadcasts, virtual field trips, dynamic presentations, and other exciting events in estuarine reserves across the country.
Learn more about estuaries
- Online tutorial about estuaries, some of the most productive ecosystems in the world. http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/kits/estuaries
“Endangered species” and “species of concern” in estuaries
- Do you know the difference? http://estuaries.gov/estuaries101/About/FishHome.aspx
Online Tides and Water Levels Tutorial
- This online tutorial explains what tides are, what causes them and more. http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/kits/tides
Understanding Marine Debris
Online Nonpoint Source Pollution Tutorial
- Students can use this online tutorial to learn about the categories of pollution and where different types of pollution come from. http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/kits/pollution
Case Study on the Recovery from the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill
- This interactive case study uses the Exxon Valdez oil spill to illustrate how an ecosystem recovers from major oil spill. http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/stories/oilymess