NOAA Games Quest to Nest Field Guide - Tips and Tricks
Field Guide - Tips and Tricks
Play, Win, and Save Sea Turtles
Find out how to:
Win Games | Get higher scores | Save more turtles
1. Use the SHIFT key to dive when getting close to a shark or to avoid objects on the surface.
2. If the health bar gets too low, use the SHIFT key to come back to the surface for air or eat some whelks or horseshoe crabs to regain health.
3. You are constantly moving due to the ocean tides. Pace yourself to avoid obstacles and get needed food!
4. When in a nesting area, hit the SPACE bar to dig a nest and WIN!
Use turtle-safe fishing gear to avoid catching turtles and getting fines. Green gear catches fewer turtles.
Longlines with Hooks
Buying the right gear may cost a bit more at first, but catching les turtles and will help your score in the long run!
Remember: Green gear catches fewer turtles.
The shop provides helpful information on the supplies it offers. A “Read Me” button is located on the bottom right of each item. Click on it to learn more.
Keep an eye on the gas level. It’s the yellow icon at the top. If you run out gas, the game ends!
1. Make sure that only ONE of each species is in each ROW and COLUMN.
2. If you are stuck, hit the RESET button to get a new array of pieces.
3. Pieces with a small lock symbol on them cannot be moved. They are in the correct places already. Use this to your advantage!
1. Don’t step on the turtles. They will turn around and return to ocean.
2. Keep moving! If you’re not close enough to something, you can’t remove it. Red cursor means you need to be closer, green means go!
3. Turn off flashlights! Tourists with flashlights will slow down or stop the nesting turtles!
1. Look closely at all of the images. There’s a lot to see and photograph!
2. Almost anything can affect the environment, so don’t pass up ordinary sights such as a dog.
3. While you play, the environmentalist will give you some advice on beach etiquette.
1. Using the orientation of the rope border can help in placing the outer pieces.
2. After completing the puzzle, you will be prompted to pick a law.
These laws WILL affect happiness ratings for turtles and other characters. Use this to your advantage.
If you didn’t do very well on one of the other mini-games, you can improve that character’s mood by passing a law that will help them!